Friday night, Brandon Prust and a few other Habs had a charity event at Le Skratch in Brossard. The event was organized by Hockey Helps, giving you the opportunity to meet and collect a number of autographs before you headed back home.
Per Arpon Basu, Rene Bourque’s OT goal on Thursday was his 8th point in 13 games, matching his production in 38 GP with Habs last season. Bourque has been known as an inconsistent player, that does not hold true so far this year. After getting the opportunity to rehab a little longer due to the lockout, Bourque has shown that it has paid off. He has been driving the net with force, creating chances on what seem like broken plays and finding the back of the net. Hopefully it continues.
The second episode of 24CH aired on TSN which included the return of PK Subban. This was obviously before the mini losing streak for the Canadiens, so everything is sunshine and lollipops during this episode.
Robert Mayer started in goal for the Bulldogs against Hershey. He has definitely been a surprise for Hamilton as many have been very critical of the young goaltender. He played better than Desjardins when he was still in the organization and now has to battle Tokarski for starts. Hamilton opened up the scoring in the first period only to find themselves trailing before the period ended. They would tie it up on a Leblanc goal in the third, pushing for extra time. Dumont, Leblanc and Chaput would score in the shootout to clinch a victory.
The Canadiens have practice in Brossard Saturday morning at 10:30am; it is open to the public.
The Flyers blew a 3-1 lead against the Devils Friday night; they ended up losing the game 5-3. Either they will come out and play tired because of last night or they will be on fire, trying to win a crucial game. The Canadiens will have to push back and force mistakes to get the win.
– Engqvist remained even against Amur
– Pribyl recorded an assist in his team’s OT loss
– Archambault tallied a goal, 2 assists and a +3 rating
– Bozon scored his 32nd goal of the season and was a -1
– Dietz notched a goal in Saskatoon’s win
– Hudon had a big night: put up 2 goals, 2 assists and a +3 rating
– Thrower had a minor penalty
– Vail was a -1 in Windsor’s 2-1 loss against Sarnia
– Cichy had a +1 rating
– Sullivan stayed even in his team’s loss
– Walsh was an ugly -3 in the 4-2 loss against Cornell